NAMI Jefferson County (NAMI JeffCo) is one of more than 1,100 local affiliates in all fifty states and is associated with NAMI Washington and NAMI National.
We are a nonprofit, grassroots, self-help, support, educational and advocacy organization for people with severe and persistent mental illnesses and their family members and friends.
Our mission is to empower families and individuals living with mental illness to better understand and cope with the special challenges posed by this kind of illness.
We offer free self-help support groups, provide education, create awareness of issues related to mental illness, work to reduce the stigma associated with mental illness and advocate for change and improved services.
NAMI Jeffco is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. The property, business, and affairs of NAMI Washington are managed by the Board of Directors. All the powers of NAMI Washington as conferred by the Articles of Incorporation are exercised by the Board of Directors.
NAMI Jefferson County P.O. Box 687 Port Townsend, WA 98368
Our Board meets monthly the first Tuesday following the first Wednesday of the month from 1 PM to 3 PM at 884 W Park Ave., Port Townsend, WA.
Current Board Officers and Directors:
- Val Phimister, President
- Sydney Keegan, Vice-President
- Christina Brinch, Secretary
- Mary Lasater, Co-Secretary
- Cindy Eubank, Treasurer
- Jean Nollette, Membership Chair
- Directors: Darlene Grunke Sanders, Jennifer Brinch, Liz Berman, Lynn Zephryna, Patrick Johnson
- Board Members Emerita: Pat Swain, Elaine Nelson, Judye Best, Barbara Walker, Joyce Morton, Judy Tough, Sheila Lauder