NAMI Jefferson County offers a free 12-week course once a year for family caregivers of individuals living with severe mental illness. To find out how to sign up for this program call 360-390-4547 or write to email@example.com.
- The course is taught by trained family members
- All instruction and course materials are free to class participants
- Over 300,000 family members have graduated from this national program
What does the course include?
- Current information about schizophrenia, major depression, bipolar disorder (manic depression), panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, borderline personality disorder, and co-occurring brain disorders and addictive disorders
- Up-to-date information about medications, side effects, and strategies for medication adherence
- Current research related to the biology of brain disorders and the evidence-based, most effective treatments to promote recovery
- Gaining empathy by understanding the subjective, lived experience of a person with mental illness
- Learning in special workshops for problem solving, listening, and communication techniques
- Acquiring strategies for handling crises and relapse
- Focusing on care for the caregiver: coping with worry, stress, and emotional overload
- Guidance on locating appropriate supports and services within the community
- Information on advocacy initiatives designed to improve and expand services
NAMI Jefferson County also offers limited scholarships to its members for the following facilitator training programs offered by NAMI Washington: NAMI Support Group Facilitator, NAMI Connections Facilitator, NAMI Family-to-Family Facilitator. For more information follow the link Support & Programs or call 360-385-1716 or write firstname.lastname@example.org
If you missed our latest class you can get on the waiting list for our next one by contacting us at email@example.com.