620 Cedar Ave
Port Hadlock, WA 98339
Learn to Assist a Person Who is Having a Mental Health Crisis
Just as CPR helps you assist an individual having a heart attack…
In this Mental Health First Aid course, you learn risk factors and warning signs for mental health and addiction concerns, strategies for how to help someone in both crisis and non-crisis situations, and where to turn for help.
Learn the Mental Health First Aid Action Plan
- Assess for risk of suicide or harm
- Listen nonjudgmentally
- Give reassurance and Information
- Encourage appropriate professional help
- Encourage self-help and other support strategies
Learn How To Intervene during:
- Panic Attacks
- Suicidal thoughts or behaviors
- Non-suicidal self-injury
- Acute psychosis (e.g., hallucinations or delusions)
- Overdose or withdrawal from alcohol or drug use
- Reaction to a traumatic event
Learning skills by practicing role plays and scenarios makes it easier to apply these skills in a real-life situation.
Class taught by Nationally Certified Trainers.
Saturday, October 28
8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Hadlock Library (Jefferson County Library)
620 Cedar Ave, Port Hadlock, WA 98339
$5 fee…Materials and lunch are provided FREE
Class is limited. Pre-registration is required.
To Register, Contact: Patrick Johnson 406-461-8557 or email firstname.lastname@example.org